Rainbow Spaghetti Game
The Rainbow Spaghetti Game is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers! It will teach them about colours, numbers and it is also an amazing sensory experience for tiny hands. This is really easy to make, so colourful and a fun experience to do your little ones on a rainy day!
You will need:
-2 x bags of spaghetti
-7 x clear sandwich bags
-Liquid food colouring in red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, indigo
For the game:
1. Cook the pasta in a boiling saucepan for 8-10 minutes, until the spaghetti is cooked and soft. Leave to cool.
2. Carefully spilt the cooked spaghetti and place into each sandwich bag. Make sure each bag has an even amount of spaghetti in them.
3. Using the liquid food colouring, now colour each bag of spaghetti with one colour for each bag.
4. Top each bag with 100ml of water.
5. Seal the top of each bag and massage each bag, so the food colouring covers all the spaghetti.
6. Leave all the bags somewhere dry and cool overnight. This will allow the spaghetti to fully absorb the food colouring.
7. The next day, pour each bag of coloured spaghetti into a large container and mix the colours together.
8. Pour the coloured bears into the container and mix in with the coloured spaghetti - you are now ready to play!
To play the game:
Using the tongs and coloured pots, get your little ones to see if they can find the correct coloured bears in the spaghetti to match their coloured pot. After all the bears have been found, pour the bears out and get your child to count how many bears hey have.
PLEASE NOTE: This project is a one day activity - once you have finished using the spaghetti, please dispose and wash all the plastic bears and cups in hot soapy water. The spaghetti tends to go bad fairly quickly after one day use.