Bored of a traditional looking Christmas? Well this centrepiece idea will be right up your street! It's a fun spin on Christmas using lots of yummy candy canes. This idea is the perfect decoration to place on your Christmas table, as it will certainly wow your guests this holiday season.
You will need:
3 x square glass vase
3 x wooden dowels
White spray paint
Red & white stripe thread
Faux candy canes 25-50 pieces
Mini Santa hats
Wooden mini letters
Hot glue gun
1. To begin, spray the wooden dowels with white spray paint. Leave to dry.
2. Once the dowels are dry, wrap the red & white stripe thread around each dowel to create a ‘candy cane’ pattern. Secure at each end with glue.
3. Glue each dowel into the bottom of each square vase. Add foam to raise the height of the dowels if necessary.
4. Add the faux candy canes to the edge of each jar in a pattern of your choice.
5. Fill the vases to the top with toy stuffing and faux snow to secure the candy canes and dowels into place.
6. Draw and cut a three heart shapes from red felt and glue onto the front of each vase.
7. Gather the mini wooden letters together to spell ‘HO HO HO’, glue each ‘HO’ onto each red felt heart.
8. To finish, add a mini Santa hat to the top of each dowel.